As featured on RTE’s Operation Transformation with Kathryn Thomas on the importance of keeping fit pre and post pregnancy! Mum and Baby Yoga perfectly compliments baby massage and the benefits of touch with those of movement and relaxation. The first few weeks and months of motherhood can be physically, mentally and emotionally challenging. Yoga can help bring a deep sense of mind and body wellbeing, and the chance to relax with your baby.
Focus is on YOU in this class, enjoying the opportunity to stretch and strengthen postnatally and increase energy and fitness levels. The classes are fun, informal and baby led. Mums will stop to feed or soothe their babies and will then rejoin.
We finish with a short lying down guided meditation with Elaine. Deep relaxation allows your body to release tensions and tiredness, the mind to clear and the emotions to balance.
Benefits for Mums
- Realigning the spine and pelvis after pregnancy
- Improve fitness, Rebuilding core and back strength, tones pelvic floor
- Taking time out for yourself to nourish and restore energy
- Helps release tension, stress and post natal anxiety
- Relaxation and wellbeing throughout entire maternity leave
- Enjoy socialising with your baby and join a private group to stay in touch afterwards
Benefits for babies
- Strengthens and aids development
- Enhances playful interaction and communication
- Sensory awareness and language through holds, stretching, singing and rhymes, game playing and relaxation
- Baby bonding
- It’s fun!
When can I start?
Suitable from 12 weeks to 18 months
Tuesdays 11-12pm Askea Parish Community Centre, Carlow
Thursdays 11am – 12pm Iona Centre, Knocklyon
What to Bring
Bring a yoga mat if you have one. Bring a small cushion and blanket for your baby and a toy.
- 6 week course €75.00
- SAVE €10.00 after attending our Baby Massage
- Drop in Option €15.00
I have really enjoyed all the classes I have done with Elaine ( pregnancy yoga, baby massage , baby yoga), but I must mention the mum and baby yoga classes as the highlight of my week a busy mum of a toddler and baby.
I found this class was the one hour in the week where I could have some one on one time with my baby, and I left the class each week feeling totally relaxed and energised. You don’t realised how much tiredness and tension you are holding on to until you let it go during the class.
Thanks so much. Jennifer and Ryan